1. What Is A Cookie?A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your browser whenever you visit a website. Depending on the type of cookie (see types below), it may or may not be saved on your hard drive. Cookies are basically used to store information about your website usage. They can store information about both your current website use and browsing history. This information is used by web applications to perform a number of vital functions (see “uses of cookies”).
2. Types Of CookiesOur website uses two major types of cookies. These are session cookies and permanent cookies.
Session CookiesSession cookies are created at the beginning of every browsing session. They last for the entire length of the session, but not beyond. When the session ends (e.g. you sign out, close a browser tab or exit the browser), the cookie is destroyed. It doesn’t remain on your device beyond the browsing session.
Persistent CookiesPersistent cookies are stored on your device for a fixed time period. They are not deleted even if you exit the browser. As such, they can be used to store information for use during repeated visits to the website. There are two ways through which persistent cookies can be removed from your hard drive. First of all, each persistent cookie has a fixed expiry date. When the date reaches, it is deleted. The second option is to manually delete it (see deleting cookies, below).
3. Uses Of CookiesWe utilize cookies on this website for the following purposes:
Tracking Your OrdersWhen shopping for products or services on our website, session cookies are used for tracking your orders. The information such as the items selected, total amount due, promo coupons, etc are stored in cookies, until you place the order.
Enhancing Your SecurityWe are committed towards offering you maximum security while you browse our website. Cookies play an essential role in this. They are used for authentication especially when carrying out transactions. This protects your personal details (e.g. credit card number) from being stolen by nefarious individuals.
Personalizing Your Browsing ExperienceWe are committed towards providing you with the very best browsing experience possible. Our cookies play a major role in achieving this. Cookies enable us to save your preferences, pages visited and other vital web information. This makes it possible for us to give you a more personalized browsing experience.
Social Media SharingCookies facilitate the sharing of our content on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. As such, if you want to like, share, tweet or pin anything you find on our website, cookies enable you to do that seamlessly.
Giving You Targeted AdsCookies enable us to offer you targeted advertising. The information stored in them can enable us to keep track of your preferences. This enables us to bring products, services, promotions and hot deals which maybe of interest to you.
Performing Web AnalyticsWe are committed towards continually improving the quality of our products and services. A key strategy in this is performing web analytics. We are constantly analysing aspects like page visits, interaction with page features, and so on. Cookies play an essential role in enabling us to carry out analytics.
Offering Third-Party ServicesOur website depends on the services offered by companies such as Google and Adobe to run certain features. Some of these companies have their own cookies which they use to provide their services. You can find out more about these third-party cookies below.
4. Information Stored In CookiesThe following kinds of information are stored in our cookies: – session information – browsing history (e.g. previous visits, pages you visited) – preferences – shopping cart information (i.e. when you are shopping) The following kinds of information are NOT stored in our cookies: – your personal information (e.g. name, age, email) – your login information (i.e. usernames, passwords) – your financial information (e.g. credit card information) As a rule, the information which is stored in cookies cannot be used to identify you personally. It can be used to identify your device. For instance, if you visit our website, a cookie maybe stored on your device. If another person (e.g. your friend) uses your device to visit our website, we shall be able to identify the device. However, we won’t be able to tell that it is your friend, and not yourself who is currently using it.
6. Deleting CookiesYou have the right to delete the persistent cookies which are stored in your device at anytime you feel like. The mechanism of such deletion depends on the device. There are numerous guides online which provide step-by-step instructions for deleting cookies. You can use your favorite search engine to find these guides.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Last Updated: November 10, 2022